Thursday, 13 June 2013

Stashbuster Adventures 2013 - The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief

In a search to create another lovely stash buster, I turned to always handy Ravelry to find my next mission

This project has been on my radarr for some time. My best friend has done one and said it was quite easy but the idea of the garter tab definitely caused me to shy away. But alas, I knew I had a skein of Berroco Vintage in a bold deep red waiting to be used.  Perfect yardage for this amazing project. So I started off.

The garter tab was definitely the biggest learning curve for me but the rest was fairly simple.

It was quite the easy knit and knitted up very quickly at first. 

Around this point I started slowing down.

But still the project took me not too long to complete it. Approximately 4 evenings as they were all days I worked. But I loved how it turned out.

The blocking took some time though. It took about 2 days because of the heavier yarn and the poor circulation in my house. I tried using my first fancy soak and it smell delicious!

Loved it so much here's how the finish product looks wore:

Couldn't be happier! Please check out the ravelry page for this pattern! Age of Brass and Steam Let me know what you think! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment